Gillian is a Self-Care Teacher living in Victoria, BC. Her mission is to empower her students to take personal responsibility and aligned action to create the best life ever. She shares her message of self-love and empowerment through her writing, online courses, transformational mentoring and international retreats. Gillian truly lives and breathes what she does! Her intent is to inspire positive change in as many people as possible, leading by example.
Hi, I’m Gillian, it’s lovely to meet you!
As you’ll find out when you watch the video below, my life hasn’t always been so wholesome, but we all start somewhere! I thought I would share a little more about me so that you can see that we aren’t really all that different!
- I am the eldest of 3 girls.
- I am quite proudly Canadian.
- I am a self-proclaimed superhero and researcher of life.
- I admit that I am a bit of a water snob. Spring water please!
- I am currently pursuing my Masters in Consciousness, Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology at Alef Trust in the UK.
- I live a magical life in the Holy Flow!
- I thrive on alone time and live in cottage in the woods.
- I married myself in 2014 during a 12 day solo retreat.
- Besides yoga, I enjoy Barre classes, walking and meditating in nature.
- I LOVE foraging for wild edibles!
- I’m a big advocate of the healing and consciousness expanding powers of psychedelics.
- I have a wicked crystal collection, most of which was given to me by my Grandma.
- I am at my best when I am creating and teaching others!
- I love making things from scratch and by hand, it’s so rewarding!
- I love hosting retreats in the most powerful hotspots all over the world.
- I was vegetarian for 10 years, vegan for two and now I eat without labels!
- My approach to nutrition & lifestyle is holistic despite my conventional training.
- I’ve been blogging since 2009 (it started as a school project in university)!
- It is my goal to inspire as many people as I possibly can in this lifetime.
- While they are not my main gig, I have studied other cool healing modalities such as Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Internal Organ Massage Technique) and Reiki.
My Transformation Story
I often get questions about how I got started in this line of work. If you are keen to learn more, watch this interview from 2012:
Just for fun: Check out my Aura!
An aura is a personal energy field and we all have one! The colour, shape and size changes moment to moment. In 2012, my two dominant chakras are Anahata, the heart, which is green and my solar plexus, which lies right above the belly button, is yellow! Cool right? You may have also noticed the 3 little orbs in the photo (ignore the big one it is the flash from my camera), those are my spirit guides! I’m so lucky to have 3.